Float switch is one of our commonly used water level controllers. It is also a common component of water filtration equipment.
It has simple structure, easy installation, and sensitive control.
It is widely recognized by many users. However, in actual use, people often have trouble with this simple switch, installation and wiring. I’m not sure, here is a brief introduction to the wiring and floating installation method of the float switch for your reference!
How to install the heavy hammer:
- After inserting the wire of the float switch through the concave round hole in the center of the heavy hammer, gently push the heavy hammer to make the plastic ring embedded above the round hole fall off due to the thrust of the wire head. (If necessary, you can also use a screwdriver to remove the plastic ring), then put the dropped plastic ring on the cable and set the desired position.
- Gently push the heavy hammer to pull out the cable until the center of the heavy hammer buckles the plastic ring. As long as the heavy hammer is lightly buckled in the plastic ring, it will not slip off. If the plastic ring is damaged or lost, the same light bare copper wire can be used. Buckle in the cable instead.
①Use black and blue wires: when the float is at the upper liquid level, the contact is not connected. When the float is at the lower liquid level, the contact is connected.
②Use black and brown wires: when the float is at the upper liquid level, the contact is connected. When the float is at the lower liquid level, the contact is in an unconnected state.
Note for installation of cable float switch:
1. The action length a of the floating ball must be less than the distance A between the groove wall and the cable, and the lowest water level d of the floating ball control must be greater than the water level D.
2. Keep a proper distance between the installation position and the inlet to prevent the float switch from being sucked into the inlet.
3. The installation position and the inlet should be kept at a proper distance to avoid incorrect induction caused by water impact. If it is unavoidable, a protective tube can be added to improve it. Cable float switch control water pump wiring diagram:
Application of cable float switch
The cable float switch has two chambers, and a special process is used to make it completely sealed when processing the cable float switch. Different switching points can be adjusted through the counterweight at the end of the cable. Non-toxicity and non-mercury make the cable float switch can be used in drinking water. Cable float level controllers are generally used in water pumps and towers. The length of the lead wire can be long or short, so the depth of measurement can be adjusted at will when entering the liquid.