Compared with other sterilization methods, ultraviolet sterilizers and ozone generators have been more widely used in the water treatment industry in recent years. Ultraviolet rays can destroy bacterial DNA, and ozone can have a strong oxidizing effect. According to different environments, the two have their own advantages in sterilization and disinfection.
Sterilization principle of ultraviolet sterilizer in water treatment：
Studies have shown that ultraviolet rays with a wavelength between 200-290mm can pass through the cell membrane of bacteria or viruses, causing damage to the control of genetic phenomena and biological functions of nucleic acid (DNA), causing it to lose its ability to reproduce and achieve the purpose of sterilization.
Experiments have confirmed that ultraviolet light with a wavelength of 250-260mm is more easily absorbed by nucleic acid (DNA) than other wavelengths of ultraviolet light. This is why ultraviolet rays of this wavelength have the strongest bactericidal ability. In accordance with the amount of ultraviolet radiation required by the microorganisms to be killed, the bacteria are treated without any change in the water quality, and the flash sterilization is carried out in a very short time, and the effect is good. Moreover, this processing is completed in a straight-through flow-through device.
Analysis of Advantages in Water Treatment of Ultraviolet Sterilizer:
- Broad-spectrum, the broad spectrum of ultraviolet sterilization is the highest, it can kill almost all bacteria and viruses with high efficiency;
- High-efficiency sterilization, the use of ultraviolet rays to sterilize bacteria and viruses is generally one to two seconds It can reach a sterilization rate of 99%-99.9%;
- The operation and maintenance cost is low, the ultraviolet sterilization equipment occupies a small area, and the structure requirements are simple, so the total investment is less. The operation cost is also low;
- The operation is safe and reliable. The traditional disinfection technology such as the use of chloride or ozone, the disinfectant itself is a highly toxic and flammable substance. The UV disinfection system does not have such hidden safety hazards;
- There is no secondary pollution, and UV disinfection does not add any chemical agents, so it will not cause secondary pollution to the water body and the surrounding environment. Does not change any components in the water.
Application principle of ozone generator in water treatment:
Friends with a little knowledge of chemistry must know that ozone is a strong oxidant. Like chlorination, ozone can not only disinfect but also oxidize. In addition, ozone’s disinfection ability and oxidizing ability are stronger than chlorine, can oxidize organic matter in water, and can kill viruses, spores and bacteria. Ozone is produced on-site with air or pure oxygen through an ozone generator, and the yields are 1%-3% and 2%-6%, respectively.
The functions of ultraviolet sterilizer and ozone generator in water treatment are briefly introduced above. It is not difficult to see that the two sterilization methods have their own advantages. Of course, it will also be restricted by some restrictive factors, such as: when the water quality is poor and the turbidity is high, the ultraviolet sterilization efficiency will be severely restricted. Ozone disinfection will produce aldehydes, ketones, alcohols and other substances. If chlorinated, it will produce trihalomethanes and other harmful substances. ,
In summary, ultraviolet sterilizers and ozone generators have their own advantages in the field of water treatment. Reasonable selection according to the specific environment can achieve the purpose of perfect sterilization. With the rapid development of the industrial economy, global water resources are polluted to varying degrees.
I believe that under this background, the world water treatment industry will continue to develop rapidly and vigorously in the next few years.